Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A kid in a candy store.

So for a while now I've been considering going back to film and was looking around for a bit at the old school box cameras. I finally found one that I liked. A Yashica-D. I won it off eBay for dirt cheap. I just got it a few weeks ago and it is in great working condition. I am oober excited to play with it. But since then I have been anticipating the arrival of the film so I can play. :) It's almost like a kid on Christmas that gets a new toy but the parents forget to buy the batteries for it. Darn it.
Now that I got everything I need I can't wait to go out this weekend and put this baby to good use.
I just got finished telling my mom that I'm going to be a kid in a candy store with this bad boy. (Btw, my friend Mar and I named him Richard. Don't ask.) Before the existence of digital all I had was film. I had a regular automatic 35mm Canon. One that my parents had given me. And before that I had the little disposable ones. And friends that know me very well, know that I had like 3 in my purse at all times. I still miss the clicking of the rewind button. LOL. Taking my film to the photo lab, waiting about 5 days and then going back to pick up the final product is just so....EXCITING to me! It's like Christmas all over again and this time there were no batteries required! :) Seeing my work. The final product. Sigh. So much fun!
I can't wait!!!!!
Till then.
Meg B

3 comments:

  1. yay! Im excited to finally to do our pinup shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. me too. gotta buy more film for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg...the photos are beautiful!! especially the swirly sky. It reminds me of norah jones Painter's song.
    ...if i were a painter i'd paint a reverie and climb inside the swirly sky to be with you...
    ...we'd be there together just like we used to be underneath the swirly sky for all to see...

    i love you. :)

    ReplyDelete